(Archived) Evernote Note Links (wikificiation)

I just wanted to say Thank You for this feature! I'm hoping this will open up more possibilities to wiki-ify my evernote account. I've actually started using Evernote a bit less lately and using a free online wiki (wikidot) because it made it easier to keep track of projects and organize things in a more spatial manner rather than based on time. If evernote can allow me to easily link to other notes and navigate them efficiently, it would become an incredibly invaluable tool for me.

Is anybody else getting excited about the possibilities if this came true? Mmmmmmmmm.

• Level 5*
Is anybody else getting excited about the possibilities if this came true? Mmmmmmmmm.

?? Last time I looked, this is up and running well for me - it's fantastically useful in following my one main precept with databases - "I shall only say this once" [you need a French accent to say that properly]. The deal being that if I type an address, a phone number, a boiler-plate paragraph or a "how to" at any stage, I don't want to repeat that information anywhere else. If the data changes - new address, phone etc - then one update will fix it. If the phone number is spread across several notes, the chances are I'll miss one - and you know that's the one I'll refer to when I really do need to make that call.

Now you can simply include contact information as a link in several notes, and if it changes, one edit fixes all.

A "Wiki" isn't limited to internote linking, and Wikidot is only one flavour of the dozens around. Wikis are great for collaborative working, live intranets and fast-moving situations. I used to manage one that fed the telephone support teams for a major ISP. It was great to keep product details and changes up to date and instantly available to a constantly-changing audience, and to include feedback from agents who had just learned how to fix the latest hardware release, and could now share that with their colleagues. I don't see Evernote ever competing in that market. EN is huge for personal use, research and wetware backups, family and class use and about a million other things.. but not as a mini-Wikipedia.

Archived