(Archived) Can you setup default tags?

• Level 5*

The Forum says Evernote don't give promises or timescales - but if you want a work-around for default tags, try setting up a template and right-click / copy note will create a complete copy including tags. Not sure whether that's purely a Beta function, but the version I'm on seems stable enough... if in doubt, backup!

• Level 5*

No experience of other versions, so not sure how far this functionality extends - as I said, it might be something for the Betas only; but if you have a standard set of requirements - layout, font, tags etc - that you can set up in a single note, you can use that note as a "template" by right-clicking and selecting "copy note" which will generate a clone of the first layout in the notebook of your choice. There are discussions elsewhere in the Forum which include setting up a Template folder and holding all your originals there, then copying them to wherever is required. Try right-clicking a note in a View window and see whether you have an option to "copy note". Beware "copy Note URL" which shares the note and makes it generally available on the Interweb.

I see what you mean now. I don't have a copy option like you're suggesting. I completely get what you mean, and that would be a great way to do it in the interim. The only other problem would be for notes that aren't created within Evernote. If I upload PDFs or other attachments, I would want them to get default tags.

Thanks for the tips, but I guess only the beta users are getting that at the moment! I can't wait to see what they release in future updates. =)

Adam

Archived