(Archived) recognising handwriting

ekajati

Hi

I thought that evernote could recognise and search for handwritten words. I photographed some handwritten notes of mine and inserted into evernote, but when I tried searching for a word I knew was in there, evernote couldn't find it. Did I misunderstand? Many thanks!

Did you sync (up to the EN servers), wait (an hour or two), sync (down from the EN servers)?

Also, handwriting OCR works better on jpeg images. What file type did you use?

Additionally, handwriting OCR is still not the best, IOW, photos of handwritten pages will probably produce less desirable results than photos of packaged foods, signs, wine bottles.

Did you sync (up to the EN servers), wait (an hour or two), sync (down from the EN servers)?

Additionally, handwriting OCR is still not the best, IOW, photos of handwritten pages will probably produce less desirable results than photos of packaged foods, signs, wine bottles.

Hi

Thanks but as a technobaby I don't really know what syncing is or why I would do it with the EN server, or how! So far I'm just using EN on my android phone, I probably won't be using the laptop to work on my notes. Also I don't know what OCR is. I'd be very interested if you wouldn't mind explaining...!

Many thanks

I worked out the syncing bit, I'll see later if it makes a difference. I just took a photo of the handwritten page and added it to a note so not sure what type of file it is - probably jpeg.

I worked out the syncing bit, I'll see later if it makes a difference. I just took a photo of the handwritten page and added it to a note so not sure what type of file it is - probably jpeg.

Nope, nothing doing... rather disappointed it can't search my handwriting! :(

Archived