(Archived) Can't Sync with New Version

dammit

Idea

First of all, want to say Evernote is a top program, very thankful to have it.

Now I have had some issues with the new version, I am running OS X 10.6.7. Basically I upgraded, lost the ability to sync, uninstalled evernote, rebooted, went back to the previous version, changed my password, checked if I could access evernote via safari (all good) then in the end logged in via web and emptied my trash, then got sync to work again.

Now it prompted me again that there was a new version (because i had downgraded to the previous one), thinking my trash can was the problem I clicked yes upgrade me, now I have lost the ability to sync again.

The error message I get is:

Synchronization Failure

evernote is unable to connect with the evernote service. this may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. please try again later. if enabled, automatic synchronisation will resume once the Service becomes available

In console the error is:

30/04/11 9:04:22 PM Evernote[698] NSExceptionHandler has recorded the following exception:

TTransportException -- Could not make HTTP request

Stack trace: 0x9522dd24 0x926f0509 0xe1d6a 0x7f73e 0x3992 0x47f4 0x177a26 0x191f30 0x91974ad0 0x91974a80 0x94bbe7fd 0x94bbe682

Can anyone give me any help to resolve this?

I started having these problems on 142777, and had rolled back to the 141893 which had temporarily resolved things till I foolishly clicked upgrade again. :(

5 replies to this idea

I am also using version 142777 on a Mac with 10.6.7. I haven't been able to sync either for the last few days. Get the following "Synchronization Failure, Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available.

I am unable to sync with the new version on my Mac. PC and iPhone syncing fine. Oddly enough, the # of notes (all notesbooks) shows the correct number; however, # at the top shows the # of notes at change to new version and none of my new notes are added. Additionally the application is very slow and just hangs when I attempt to add a new note. :(:(

Well, this is strange. I added a new note on Evernote on my Mac desktop (took forever, but it eventually worked) and this seems to have initiated syncing and my latest notes (added by email or on iPhone or clipping) downloaded. However, changing the note online and attempting to sync again results in application just hanging and not syncing.

Archived