(Archived) Screen Clipper Stutters & Freezes with Google Chrome

steubens

Idea

Hi, im sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place... If I am please direct me to the proper avenue for bug reports.

I am using Chrome MAC Beta (Version 2.0.4 Beta 1 (124735)) on my Macboppk Pro with Snow Leopard... and whenever I try to use the screenclipper by pressing CMD-CTRL-C it stutters then the crosshairs freeze when I am dragging the mouse across the chrome address and favorites bar at top. I have to his ESC to release my mouse.

I have tried to abate the issue by using standard versions of evernote as well I have tried with the normal Chrome as the beta channel... I have also tried clicking the elephant in the taskbar to get the screen clipper... regardless of what I do the result is the same if chrome is the foreground window. I have not had this issue with any other programs. But admittedly I use chrome the most.

Has anyone else seen this or can anyone else reproduce it.

I should also point out that I recently had to reformat my mac and reinstall snowleopard clean (after getting a new logic board put in by apple for the nvidia recall). After reinstalling chrome and evernote the behavior stubbornly persists. :?

2 replies to this idea

I finally got a response to a ticket and was told ... "it must be a bug." Thanks Evernote. Over 1,200 people already knew that it's a bug.

On previous versions of Firefox, the work around has been to "move the cursor really really quick" and you can trick it into not sticking/freezing.

This will actually work in some cases and worked for a short period of time for me as well.

After upgrading to Firefox 9, the problem came back and this workaround stopped working.

SOLUTION

PROBLEM SOLVED WITH THE NEW BETA

The new Beta version of the Mac desktop software seems to have fixed this problem.

The Beta version I have installed is Version 3.0.6 Beta 2 (215813).

I have been using it with Firefox 9.01 on an Intel i3 iMac running OSX 10.7.2 and have not had any problems at all.

Let's hope whatever they did or didn't do in the Beta programming, sticks for the final release. Fingers crossed.

PS: I have not had any problems with Chrome either.

Archived