(Archived) remove quote

dekekincaid

Idea

How do I remove quote levels from text in evernote? I copy/pasted some text out of Apple Mail into an evernote document but it is all indented. I have no way of removing this. I tried copying it out and pasting it into a text editorl, removing it and then pasting it back in but I still have blank lines with quotes which I can't even delete at the very top of the document. Safari has an option to select text, right click > quote level > Decrease.

5 replies to this idea

Safari has an option to select text, right click > quote level > Decrease.

Mail.app has this feature too.

Maybe you want to open a new Mail, copy the quoted Text from EN into that new mail, decrease the quoting level (check right-click menu...), and then copy the text back to the Note.

That seems to be the easiest way. i don't think, EN will ever support such a neat little feature.

I meant to say Mail has it, not Safari. My problem is that I can't get rid of some of the intents which copy over. They get stuck in the evernote document can't be removed except for just deleting the document and copy/pasting into a new one from Mail without those indents. I was just hoping for a smarter fix then this. It's kind of dumb that I have to use this work around so I was hoping I was missing something.

I guess this would go along with the remove formatting/plain text option people keep asking for.
i saw an option for that in the webclippers options dialogue.

i tried both settings and did not saw a big difference.

if the clip was ugly, then it was ugly with both settings.

if the clip was ok, then it was ok with both settings.

furthermore, changing this setting everytime in the browser takes too much time and is very inconvinient. (a toolbar-button would be a good idea)

[EDIT: i think i must correct myself here: just found a checkbox in that annoying popup which i cannot stop from poping up every clip i made, which says: [ ] keep only the basic formatting]

anyways,

They get stuck in the evernote document can't be removed except for just deleting the document and copy/pasting into a new one from Mail without those indents.
that sounds the way EN works ;-/ you don't know why, but you have to handle with it....

sorry, no help. you just figured out the best way to help yourself.

Archived