I suggest, because I think it's time, updating the sketching section. For example, that there be an option for those who want to write by hand or with a pencil (in the case of tablets). Also, allow the ability to turn pages (take as a reference the good applications like "Notability" and "Goodnotes 6"). Currently, it is very difficult to manage the section I am referring to.  I actually find the handwriting part of Evernote pretty primitive.

• Level 5

It’s a good idea. But keep in mind that the apps you mentioned are basically single platform, some not even covering iOS and Android. And they are building their software for years to reach a certain level of perfection.

This means it’s not an easy thing to do, and the current direction of development of EN is completely different.

So proposing it is fine, but I don’t expect any activity in this direction anytime soon.

For me it would be OK if Sketch and picture annotation would be unified. This would allow to finally get rid of the dreadful annotation tools that still exist.

Thanks for your prompt reply, PinkElephant. Just to clarify, to avoid any misunderstandings, I'm not asking for EN to become "Notability" or "Goodnotes 6". I'd be happy if it introduced two things: 1. Offer the options: handwriting and writing with a pencil; 2. Fix the possibility of changing pages, without the complexity that is required now. I'd be happy with these two updates. I hope others would participate to clarify what I'm saying.

• Level 5

A small dose of technicalities: 

#1 would require a redesign. Apps for handwriting analyst the writing while it happens, to enhance the recognition rate.

#2 would require a redesign as well. Sketch is build around an (almost) infinite canvas - it is similar in this respect to Freeform (as an example) and completely different to say Goodnotes, that uses a virtual page.

Honestly, I don't know the technical intricacies of what I'm suggesting. The question is how much of it is functional for most EN users. Personally, it's not for me. And it bothers me because EN is essentially (or at least part of its essence) a notes app. Still, I leave the motion for those in charge to consider if necessary. Always thanks for your comments.