Missed/changed behavior between old and new version

Pista

Idea

Hi Evernote, I hope you're doing well.
I wanted to reach out because I've been using the new version of the software, and I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed.
It seems like some of the features I relied on have been changed or removed, and the user interface feels less intuitive.
old version: 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)
new version: e.g.: 10.99.3-win-ddl-public (20240729150016) Editor: v178.20.0 Service: v2.3.2

Prioritized suggestions:
1)
I already have a long list of notebooks and notes. Shortcuts don't really help in the new version because I need to scroll up through my notebooks and notes. In the old version, it was possible to place them in the header so that they were always visible.
Can I get back this feature?
What about the command to collapse all open notebooks?

2)
Now Alt+Shift D date format is "April 17, 2024"
The old version was smart enough and used my windows configured short date: "2024-04-17"

image.png.7dd5165bfb883e9ec02fcfa96c058ddb.png

3)
I miss explicit synchronization.
I make/edit a note on PC and want to turn off the PC and want the changes to be available on mobile.
But I don't know when I can turn off the computer to have the changes on the mobile as well.

4)
Opening the main window requires at least 2 clicks.
Left-clicking on the Evernote icon will offer to add a "Quick Note" instead of opening the main window as before.
I need to open the main window more often than adding a new note.
If you're adding notes more often than you're reading them, then you're probably adding a lot of useless, never-read notes.

Can I get back the "one click" open feature?

Best regards,
Pista

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're mainly other users here,  and the forum is not really set up for long instructional sessions.  You'll find a lot of individual information in the Help screens,  and there are lots of 'how to' videos on You Tube.  If you still have questions after that,  please let us know - but one question per post please!

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us