Sharing not working

I am attempting to share a notebook with several friends.  I have tried sharing newly created notebooks and notes as well as existing notebooks and notes.  I've tried initiating the share from a windows application (updated to current version), a Mac app (updated to current version), from the web app (from multiple different browsers), and from an iPhone app. I've tried consuming the note/notebook link from the web and from the desktop and mobile applications. Nothing works. 

The share email is sent to the user, so that part works fine.  The note or notebook never shows up in "Shared with Me" in Evernote for the user. If it's a note I've tried to share, when the user tries to open the link from the email they get a notification that they "no longer have access to the note. It may have been moved or deleted." Mind you, I've literally just shared it and on my side it says it's shared with them (but "pending"). If it's a notebook I've tried to share, Evernote opens and it appears to show the Notebook name at the top of the Notes panel.  However, no notes appear and the Notebook does not appear in Shared with Me. If I share the Notebook and then individually share notes within that Notebook, still none of the notes show up for the user. From my account, the invited user never shows anything but "pending" on the user's name. 

As a weird side note, once I've tried to share a note or notebook, I cannot seem to unshare the notebook. The user's email remains in the share dialog no matter how many times I try to remove it.

I reached out to technical support a couple of days ago but have heard nothing back.  I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that this feature just doesn't work, but figured I would see if any of the experts out there have anything else I can try.  I've been using combinations of devices, email addresses, apps, etc. for the last three days and everything behaves the same.  

I have had my account since 2009 and I'm currently using Evernote Personal. The users I'm sharing with are using the free version.  Maybe we can't share with those using the free version? But if that's the case, why not make that more clear?

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I'm now desperate.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I tested out 'share' a few days ago on a different enquiry,  and it's working for me from my paid account to a free test account.  Maybe try that for yourself if you have a secondary email address to use to set up another account?  Support is running very slow - patience required to follow that route;  please reply to any emails you get from them to confirm you still need help.

Meantime take a look at Postach.io 

This third party freemium app will convert notes from specified one or more specified notebooks into published notes (or blog pages) when the tag "published" is applied to notes. (Separate notebooks generate separate home URLs)

It is (IMHO) the most effective way to share information from an Evernote account publicly.

Up to 5 basic notebooks (at present) can be published without subscribing. More features are available on subscription including password-protected access.

This app adds the ability to publish content directly from Evernote notes, use customizable templates, and adds support for multimedia content such as images and videos.  Users can easily organize and publish online without the need for any separate software or complicated linking.

See https://postach.io for more  

• Like 1