Last update date of notes is removed in bulk after displaying on the note list

I just observed something very alarming happening with older notes:

When I scroll a longer notebook, I can see reasonable update dates like 2014, 2015, 2019... but few seconds later ALL of them are replaced with either 2024-04-02 or 2024-03-23!!!

How do I recover apart from replacing entire notebooks with backups? Many notes take their value from their creation/modification times, which are now all in 2024, completely breaking the note archive.

Checked on 10.97.3, some notes might have been affected earlier, but did not debug them immediately.

• goratnik changed the title to Last update date of notes is removed in bulk after displaying on the note list
  • Level 5*

Hi.  How are you "scrolling"?  By mouse or arrow keys on a note list,  or by opening individual notes? What's your device and are you Windows 10 or 11? 

I just scrolled through notes that have created dates back to 1989 and no dates were changed...  Win 11 / EN 10.97.3

@gazumped a "lazy" scrolling with mouse wheel. Selected some of these notes afterwards to look at their history, which sometimes is empty (only created, never edited) and does not reference real creation date.

(1989? Did not expect Evernote to exist for so long!)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, goratnik said:

(1989? Did not expect Evernote to exist for so long!)

You're right - I carefully said "notes that have created dates" because I went through a stage of changing the created date (when it was possible to do so) to the date of the content.  Evernote has only been around since 2008.

EDIT: Just for the record - it's still possible to change the created date if you want to - I don't think it was possible when Evernote first launched though.

• Like 1