Latest version Evernote 10.97.1 (fresh install or upgrade) gives Javascript error on startup (mac intel)

Go to solution Solved by cwn,

Title. Anyone else? I get this:

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
Error: dlopen(/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/electron-native-auth/build/Release/electron_native_auth.node, 1): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/AuthenticationServices.framework/Versions/A/AuthenticationServices
  Referenced from: /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/electron-native-auth/build/Release/electron_native_auth.node
  Reason: image not found

Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 14.49.46.png

Yes - lots of people on reddit with same issue for web, upgrade and fresh install.

Productivity tool..?!

As a paid user I don't really expect this.

7 minutes ago, cwn said:

lots of people on reddit with same issue for web, upgrade and fresh install.

Ah... just one post on Reddit about this and I'm pretty sure its you!

The response to said single post from someone else says its working fine for them.

Could this be a local issue? Have you done a compete uninstall/reinstall. For Windows all the config files need removing, they are sometimes left behind by the uninstaller.

Yes, full uninstall / reinstall on mac.  Regressing to a previous version works fine but everytime I close evernote, auto-update kicks in and it's broken again.

Also - web version is broken for me - see attached:

Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 16.41.43.png

Can you try a different wifi network to see if thats the issue?

If its not working in a guest browser profile and the installed app then send in a support ticket as it could be account related.

Thankyou 🙂 Alternative wifi with private browser, same issue.

Missing node.js library cited.

For my client, a roll-back works and then I hit the issue again on auto-upgrade (which apparently I'll need to block).

Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 17.19.31.png

Thanks for looking - no, tried all of those, and same behaviour on other hosts.  Rolling back works fine with previous client - and I would expect the same behaviour so it looks version related to me..

Thanks for the tips.

It may actually be time to move to Joplin after all these years (16 years!)

• Solution

Well - whatever it was, version 10.97.3 has dropped today and the issue in 10.97.1 is gone. Phew.

They really need to be more careful with their releases... A bit like crowdstrike really. 😉