Pop-ups - paid account

I am a paid user on the personal plan. Every single time I login to Evernote on the web, I see the attached pop-up message. The screenshot is cropped - there's a link below it saying 'continue using personal'.

I have 10+ months of subscription remaining! I know this forum has mainly other users but does anyone know why the company would show such pop-ups to a paid customer. Annoying...

Thanks

ENote_popup.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote Marketing is a department whose mystery is exceeded only by it's power...  Have you downgraded your account to free after the current subscription ends?  The easy way to resolve this would be to take a look at the next screen after the pop-up and - provided you're not debited immediately - opt to continue your subscription.  If you do intend to downgrade or move to another provider,  diary it for 9 months time and enjoy the quiet in the meantime...

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Evernote Marketing is a department whose mystery is exceeded only by it's power...  Have you downgraded your account to free after the current subscription ends?  The easy way to resolve this would be to take a look at the next screen after the pop-up and - provided you're not debited immediately - opt to continue your subscription.  If you do intend to downgrade or move to another provider,  diary it for 9 months time and enjoy the quiet in the meantime...

It gets worse. I did try to follow through (on multiple occasions) and it kindly throws up an error message saying unable to process the request. I would find it funny - if it were happening to someone else, ha ha

(I didn't downgrade or do anything actually, other than subscribe)

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Have a look at your account status here - https://www.evernote.com/BillyBillingProfile.action - you should see your account level and payment method at the top of the page.  If there's no payment method,  that may be triggering this issue - you could try updating from here.  Evernote was updating billing a little while ago,  so maybe your access is temporarily blocked by work in progress.

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Have a look at your account status here - https://www.evernote.com/BillyBillingProfile.action - you should see your account level and payment method at the top of the page.  If there's no payment method,  that may be triggering this issue - you could try updating from here.  Evernote was updating billing a little while ago,  so maybe your access is temporarily blocked by work in progress.

Thanks but I don't think that's the problem - see screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 4.32.27 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Weird.  There are links to Support on the top right and bottom of this page - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/28267325211795-Subscriptions-Payments-FAQ

I'd suggest you throw it onto them and see if they can help.  Please reply to the boilerplate 'solutions' they'll send you - even if it's only "tried that: didn't work" - you'll get to a real person eventually who should be able to check your account on the server.  Patience is required however...