I keep getting this 

image.png.5d1b194efa268233b0344b362740c9b0.png

it's bizzare has anyone experienced this? I can only move notes through the web browser but none of the apps (mac and ios)

Just when you think this couldn't get worse

• Level 5

Just when you think it couldn't get more incomplete ...

Could you think about telling "the world" on which OS you are, and which release you are using ?

And when you thought about it, just add this information to your post  - that else is just a piece of irrelevancy.

11 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Just when you think it couldn't get more incomplete ...

Could you think about telling "the world" on which OS you are, and which release you are using ?

And when you thought about it, just add this information to your post  - that else is just a piece of irrelevancy.

I'm on 10.94.3 which is the latest (it was upgraded from apple app store) i'm on mac OS 14.5

I'm not sure, if it was pushed to mac app store then yes

I just re-installed from the website and now a whole notebook with 300 notes has completely dissappeard! and they have the gall to keep charging more prices

• Level 5

The problem with the 10.95 was that the update "updated" the local database as well. And when the update quality is 😵‍💫😡😶‍🌫️👹, the database gets corrupted.

This corruption carries over even when the prior release is installed.

Probably you need to nuke the install, and start fresh.

You need the app AppCleaner to do the job. The Mac uninstaller won't remove the database.

You get and run AppCleaner, remove ALL files it finds for the EN app from the drive. Restart the Mac. Then download the latest version (which should still be 10.94.3, I think) from the EN website, and install.

Because all local data is now gone, you need to keep the app open in the background for quite a while. It will download your content, and rebuild the local database. Meanwhile the app will work, but will need to fetch content from the server. This means it will feel slower until the download is done.

And sorry, no, there is not "download done" - indicator. You can only check network traffic in the Activity Monitor.

11 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The problem with the 10.95 was that the update "updated" the local database as well. And when the update quality is 😵‍💫😡😶‍🌫️👹, the database gets corrupted.

This corruption carries over even when the prior release is installed.

Probably you need to nuke the install, and start fresh.

You need the app AppCleaner to do the job. The Mac uninstaller won't remove the database.

You get and run AppCleaner, remove ALL files it finds for the EN app from the drive. Restart the Mac. Then download the latest version (which should still be 10.94.3, I think) from the EN website, and install.

Because all local data is now gone, you need to keep the app open in the background for quite a while. It will download your content, and rebuild the local database. Meanwhile the app will work, but will need to fetch content from the server. This means it will feel slower until the download is done.

And sorry, no, there is not "download done" - indicator. You can only check network traffic in the Activity Monitor.

thank you for the thorough explanation, looks like my only choice now seeing as how this esclated now to even worse states, notes are there not not really there in the navigation. I was hoping to avoid having to redownload a huge database, especially as you said without even a simple progress indicator

i'm trying hard not to cuss out of respect for members of the forum, but safe to say i'm livid right now. I reall wish another company would come up with an alternative which is basically just what it is today but more stable, and then improve the basics really well instead of all this bloat

image.thumb.png.6b80f0a0dd6b8b088fda04324cc56b9f.png