Dead/Ghost Notes Issue

Hello,

Upon investigation, I have encountered challenges with ghost notes in both the Web Client and the macOS application. There are currently 2395 notes in my trash that I am unable to delete, move, or view. Additionally, eight notes in another Notebook (My Primary) are exhibiting the same issue. When attempting to Empty trash, a perpetual spinning circle is observed on both the macOS and Web Client interfaces. This issue originally manifested within the Web Client and has since transitioned to the macOS application. An error is prompted upon trying to view the note in question.

Note unavailableUnable to load this note. Please refresh the page or try again later.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi. Evernote User Forums are mainly supported by more experienced users like me who are familiar with the application and can provide some support and work-arounds if things go wrong.  Tech issues like this are best reported direct to Support (with details of device / OS / Evernote version) so that you can receive a direct response and they can request activity logs or more details as required.

All,

I was able to resolve the issue myself. It included deleting all 2395 notes in my trash from 2022. I had to do it 100 at a time. I then deleted the application and reinstalled it, and that cleared up the issues.