(Archived) Sync problem, ENML_VALIDATION error with CDATA ending (]]>)

casedeck

Hi all,

I'm unable to sync a note with the clipped web page from W3C which contains the characters "]]>" (ending of CDATA block). Weird thing is, that same sequence is properly html-encoded and displayed on the W3C page (of course, otherwise it couldn't be displayed at all). It does appear inside the

tags. The URL of the page is: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#C_4

actual code for displaying the sequence there is:

<script>//<![CDATA[
//]]></script>

The exact EN error from the activity log is:

13:53:09 [4528] 80% Creating server note "XHTML Media Types - Second Edition"

13:53:27 [4528] 80% EDAMUserException: errorCode=ENML_VALIDATION parameter="The character sequence "]]>" must not appear in content unless used to mark the end of a CDATA section."

13:53:27 [4528] 80% Skipping resource

Tech data: I'm using Evernote Windows client v. 4.1.0.3345 (115112) Public, the HTML page was actually clipped via the Evernote Web Clipper 4.0.0.106602, in Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows XP SP3.

I'm guessing it's a problem with proper escaping of the character sequence, before the ENML parser gets to it... Just a guess though.

Thanks for your time, best regards

• Level 5

casedeck,

The clipped page syncs fine here using all major browsers. Would it be possible to export the offending note into .enex file and send it to us for inspection?

Thank you,

/Peter

• 2 years later...

Seems like this has not been fixed yet.  Even in 5.X.

Evernote must be saving the documents as XML data.  The > in "]]>" should be quoted to prevent this.

I would be happy to send document.  Just need to know to and how.

Rich

Archived