For some weeks now, i've been unable to use the windows app to access my notes. The web client works fine but not the native windows app. I have used the windows app for over a year now and suddenly have issues with it.

My account uses google to sign in and returns this error after successful login on the browser.

image.png.0b2699a32c53e18c3cee4d3539709d1a.png

Successful login below:

image.thumb.png.4858c5a9a2b174cb96e0f8bcb8e968c5.png

I have installed the latest version of the app available here - https://win.desktop.evernote.com/builds/Evernote-latest.exe but its the same error after login.

Appreciate any help with this.

• Timi.m changed the title to App doesnt work on windows laptop
  • Level 5*

Hi.  If you currently have any part of the app installed,  use Revo Uninstaller Free to remove it - then power your device off and on again,  and download the latest version from Evernote.com.  You need Windows 10 or 11 to use the app - if you still have issues,  please confirm your device and Windows version...

I am having a similar problem. 

When I attempt to sign in to the Evernote app on Windows 11 Enterprise. Version 23H2. OS build 22631.3593 I see the following error message, "Signing in… If the sign in process fails in your browser you may need to close this window and try again." Nothing further happens.

I have tried restarting my laptop, uninstalling Evernote, uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller etc. 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, treaders said:

I am having a similar problem. 

I have the same version of Windows,  but no problem with signing in - can you access your account using a mobile,  or via the web client?

• Level 5*

When attempting to sign in,  do you see the 'captcha' screens?  Evernote now asks you to prove you're human by picking an 'odd one out' image - with several repeats.  If you're not seeing those images,  your browser may have a security setting or a pop-up blocker which is preventing you completing the login.

I see the following screen (uploaded image). I do not see a CAPTCHA screen. Thank you for your help trying to solve this one! 🙂

image.png.1a627cac6026ee9f47b5c7486ab18beb.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, treaders said:

I do not see a CAPTCHA screen

As I suggested - try reducing or removing the security in your browser,  at least while to you log into the app...

Fixed by, "...enabling command prompt on your profile temporarily..." I can now open and login to the Evernote application on Windows 11.

• Like 1