Android app cache doesn't stay cleared

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I have been making space on my phone by clearing out the biggest app caches. I am on Android 13.

My Evernote app shows a cache of 4.38GB and when I clear it, it goes to 0 but it is back to 4.38GB as soon as I go out of that area and go back in to check it again, without doing anything on Evernote itself.

1. Is this cache size "normal"? I have nearly 5000 notes and admittedly a many of them are jpgs and PDFs.

2. Is the cache not clearing normal?

TIA, Maria

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

Evernote continues to run in the background so the cache is rebuilt as soon as you clear it.

The size of the cache depends upon the content in your notes. Plain text notes will demand less storage than notes with large attachments.

You might reduce the cache a little if you empty the Evernote Trash. You could also experiment with the number of notes you choose to keep offline and see if that has an impact.

Thanks agsteele.

I don't have anything marked for offline use at the moment so that isn't the issue. And I have emptied the trash but that hasn't changed things.

It seems that the cache is just going to be that large due to the size of my notes 👍