Notifications distracting

Hi.   Liking EN since BS took over.  BUT there is an abuse of the notifications area.  I suppose that this was once useful for letting me know that sync is not working or my account has a problem or something critical.  But now it's about "new features"   And a clic involves going to read some web page.  NO THANKS, I have other things I need to get done. 

There's no way to mark them as read.   And now it's starting to pop up message boxes and bug me to read them. Too invasive.

Anyone know how can I get them to lay off bothering me so that I can just use the software?   How to mark read and or delete?  

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, SWSL said:

How to mark read and or delete?  

Currently I don‘t think you can. Most annoying but like the (bad) design choices they probably think they know best.

• Like 1

Hello,
I understand how constant notifications can be distracting, especially when you’re trying to focus on your work.
If you’re receiving notifications for calendar events, you can adjust these settings in Evernote. By default, you will receive a notification 5 minutes before a calendar event. To change this, click or tap on the More options button (three dots) in the top right of the calendar widget and select Calendar settings.
If you’re using a Mac, you can open System Preferences – Notifications – Evernote / EvernoteHelper and disable Allow Notifications from Evernote. This will stop all desktop notifications.
If you have reminder notifications set up for notes, you can disable them by opening any note with the reminder alarm, tapping the Alarm Clock icon, and selecting Remove Reminder. This needs to be done for each note individually.
Ensure that you’ve enabled or disabled notifications on the specific device or web browser you’re using. You can find this under Settings > Notifications.

I hope this will help you

@jeannette9728miller 

If you read my post, you will understand that the issue is notifications pushed by Evernote into my app.  Has nothing to do with calender events.   I suggest that BS add a "mark all as read" option and also stop demanding user attention with popups about notifications when we go to use the app.  It does not create goodwill to insist.

Having a notification bell that is always in "alarm" state means that we learn to ignore it.  Thus disabling any serious utility for it.  Also, if pushing new features, please put a summary in the notification and don't force us to go watch a video to even find out what it is.