Make notification icon/counter disappear

Hey,

(Posting here since I cannot post in Windows answers/solutions for some reason)

since a recent update on Evernote for Windows there is a notification/badge on the top left next to my account name with a red bubble that indicates unread notifications. How can I make it go away? It's distracting and frankly, I don't give two sh*ts about notifications, new product features, and the AI editor (it already gets pushed in almost every new note I open with a popup that says "try our new AI editor") - I just want the program to run smoothly without all the shenanigans.

So, how do I make this counter go away and keep it from popping up again without clicking on every single notification to mark it as read?

image.png.646f689cda4c75e835c47e02dbf19e16.png

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Click the icon / look for 'unread notifications' / click on each one to read it (yes,  6 times in your case) / and relax...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

this counter is annoying and I cant seem to get rid of it .. for me its all notifications on whats new which to me is just spam.
I've been on evernote since 2013 and for the past couple of years they've ever more been giving me reasons to get off the platform and recreate / organize my notes elsewhere

• Like 2

It's monday morning and I'm wasting time looking for a way to turn off the new notifications. Came accross your advice. Took me 10 seconds to mark 7 notifications as read and than I relaxed. Thanks, I needed that! ;) 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Came looking for this answer too. 

Clearing the notifications one by one and "relaxing" is a worthless answer.

Promotional badge notifications should be able to be toggled off. Period.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, coche said:

Promotional badge notifications should be able to be toggled off. Period.

Since we're mostly other users here,  maybe you should tell Evernote directly...

• Like 1