Request for Long Term Stable Release version of Evernote

discreet

Idea

I've used Evernote for about a decade, switched over to Legacy when v10 was released (didn't like the new interface and huge margins). Newly forced to v10. It looks much better than when I tried it before (margin issues still exist it seems) but now with features that get in the way of me using EN to....take notes. 

I had never posted on the forum prior to v10 and never sent in a support request for the desktop app (sent in many when the IOS app was forced to update). Aside from it being a bit slow on my M1 when scrolling through notes with pictures, Legacy just worked (I still have it opened right now for its search function). It was dependable and as so allowed me to focus on what was important for me - getting my ideas and thoughts down as quickly and efficiently as possible. I'm all for updates, as long as it doesn't get in the way of what I feel the primary function of EN is for myself...to document what I need to.

In IT, I work with Citrix products. They offer two release types -

1) Current Release (CR)

2) Long Term Service Release (LTSR)

From what I understand CRs have the latest feature updates while LTSRs have incremental updates (security related etc).

Not sure if this has been suggested yet but I wanted to propose some concept form for two Evernote release types

1) Feature Release - Updates to UI, new features (like AI stuff), security updates (catering to those that want to see new features)

2) Long Term Stable Release - UI elements frozen, no feature updates, minimal changes, mainly critical security updates (catering to those who are seeking reliability)

Vetted and successful FR features flow into the next LTSR years later. 

• Like 2

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet