Trying to rebuild desktop database but downloading is sooooo slow

I was running into problems with EN today. The problems were persistent so I decided to try to rebuild the desktop instance of EN. I feel like I uninstalled everything properly (perhaps I didn't), but now that it seems like EN is trying to rebuild everything it is very, very, very slow going. Like in the last hour it has downloaded about 0.5MB (yes, half a megabyte).

I've restarted the app, rebooted my computer . . .nothing so far. My notes are listed in the desktop app but have no content in the notes themselves. They say "Note Unavailable." The web version of things looks good to me though. 

So, I am looking for help troubleshooting. Should I try to do a fresh install again? Perhaps, I messed that up. How do I ensure I do it properly? Should I just let it run? Perhaps it will be done downloading my notes in 2337.

Open to suggestions and getting desperate. Thanks!

Evernote 10.81.4-mac-ddl-public (20240320152323)
Editor: v177.9.4
Service: v1.97.1

on MacBook Pro running OS 14.4

UPDATE: I was wrong about the web instance working properly. Same general symptoms, notes are listed but have no content in them and are messaging "Note Unavailable."

This is not going well.😟

UPDATE: Things are still borked on the web app. "Note Unavailable" for most all notes.

I worked through EN Support and they had me do another full uninstall and then reinstall. All my notes seemed to have come back. Somehow this happened almost immediately. Don't understand how they could all be back if they were deleted locally in the uninstall process. Clearly I don't understand how this works. :)

Still, glad that it has likely has been resolved.

Cheers

Ty