Tagging with "contains" search

fastbyte

Idea

when adding Tags to the note it would be nice that Tag search (by typing) instead with begins with has a real "contains" search. It would be much faster for everyone.

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

You can do this on the mac my pressing ctrl+option+command T while the note is selected. It also sorts nested tags so it's a really great way to add tags efficiently. But I agree, having this feature in all places you add tags would be great. 

2 hours ago, ENUserinAZ said:

But I agree, having this feature in all places you add tags would be great. 

I disagree. If you want to do a proper search you have the edit tags  menu as you describe. I normally know what my tag begins with so I'm very happy to only have tags beginning with those characters. If I'm looking for "outdoors" and type "out" I don't want "youtube" and "scout"

On 3/17/2024 at 9:44 AM, Mike P said:

I disagree. If you want to do a proper search you have the edit tags  menu as you describe. I normally know what my tag begins with so I'm very happy to only have tags beginning with those characters. If I'm looking for "outdoors" and type "out" I don't want "youtube" and "scout"

you can just type outd and eliminate the rest, but for people with lots of tags it's very difficult to search with only begins with.