If I don't manually encrypt a note, are my notes stored in plain text in Evernote's database?

I've been on Evernote for over a year, but I can't seem to find a direct answer for this question.  I already know the tech specs for data transmission (2048bit TLS) and if I chose to encrypt specific blocks of text within a note (128bit).

If I don't manually encrypt a note, are my notes stored in plain text in Evernote's database?

I'm 90% sure that the answer is "Yes, they are stored in plain text."  But I wanted to get verification.

I take privacy very seriously, that's why I want to know.

Thanks!

• turtlemeat changed the title to If I don't manually encrypt a note, are my notes stored in plain text in Evernote's database?
  • Level 5*

Hi.

In late 2016, we began migrating the Evernote service to the Google Cloud Platform (“GCP”). Customer data that we store in GCP will be protected using Google’s built-in encryption-at-rest features. More technically, we use Google's server-side encryption feature with Google-managed encryption keys to encrypt all data at rest using AES-256, transparently and automatically.

https://evernote.com/security