Upgraded from Free to Personal and now Evernote Windows "Can't connect to server"

After upgrading I from Free to Personal I cannot open my Windows 6.25.1.9091 client. 

I used to be on the Free plan associated with my yahoo email. On 1/11/2024 when Evernote without a warning removed my Windows device from the account settings. I could still open and use local Windows client, edit note etc., but it would not sync with web or mobile.

I in order to have more devices I decided to upgrade. In my Evernote app on Android phone I got a discount offer, and I signed up for yearly Personal plan. Strangely, it signed me up not through Evernote, but through Google Play(?) - may be because my Android phone registered under my gmail account.
I got an email(gmail) confirmation of my subscription/payment, and I can see in web settings my new Personal plan now. However, in Devices I am still down to only Phone and Web, no Windows laptop shown.

The worst is that I cannot open my local Windows Evernote client anymore, and have no access to my notes. Opening the client does not bring up the familiar application with notes, tags etc. It opens a different login pop up offering me to type in username email and also has a button "Sign in with Google".
When I provide either of the emails - yahoo or gmail I get in red "Can't connect to server. Please try again later.".
When I use the Google button it opens browser tab saying "You are now signed into Evernote via Google login. Feel free to close this tab and return to the app.". I return to app,  which is still open, only to find again same "Can't connect to server." Needless to say my internet connection is fine.

Where did I go wrong? When I upgraded? Should I roll back and how can I?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, evernoodle said:

Where did I go wrong? When I upgraded? Should I roll back and how can I?

Hi. You appear to be living in 2020.  Evernote stopped supporting v6x around then.  if you had searched the forums too,  you would find a flood of legacy users complaining that they can no longer connect because Evernote's internet servers have now been upgraded to deal with the new coding run by v10.  This is not a fixable situation.  use v10 to get back to your notes,  and decide whether or not you wish to continue with Evernote in future.