PDF's Exported out of EN Don't allow copy/paste

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with exporting notes from EN as PDFs for team mates. For some reason when copy/pasting out of a PDF that's generated with EN the text pastes backwards into other document programs. 

I've replicated the issue on my side (examples attached).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.1_ENPDF.thumb.png.b8a896ad63a9a8f8c96cbd4355828901.png2_InfoCopiedfromENPDF.thumb.png.d62d771b86c2aeb5127ee66a132eae54.png

• Like 1

I can replicate the problem as well on version 10.68.3-mac-ddl-public (20231218124244). Very strange.

I think the only thing to be done in this case is to submit a ticket to Evernote Support.

Also, I did notice that when printing using the System Dialog...

image.png.afc2faa5b63a3f453be95dde1d0df49c.png

and then opening the PDF with Preview that way...

image.png.e2decb13543f5d122ec32f77ba82f122.png

that the copy and paste worked normal/fine.

However, the Export as PDF and Print (and then Open in Preview as PDF) generate a little bit different looking PDF, and printing using the system dialog is only available for singly selected notes so I'm not sure that's a good option for you in the meantime.

Edit: The highlighting is a bit wonky too in the PDF on an exported to PDF note. Also, I can't seem to open a PDF generated by an Evernote export in PDF Viewer or PDF Gear -- those programs hang trying to open it (but open other PDFs just fine). I can only open the PDF generated by an Evernote in Preview. And now Preview is hung trying to open one and I had to force kill that too.

I've seen a few Export to PDF issues in the forums over the last year or so. I can't remember if this one has come up or not before.

Anyway -- the takeaway from all this is that I am experiencing the same issue as you (so it's not just you) and also experiencing more issues with regards to exporting as PDF.

• Like 3