App hangs when opening a note??? iOS 13.5.1

Did an upgrade of Evernote in the App store, and started having a few problems;

1. Cannot login to the app using username+password+GoogleAuthenticate.
    It always says the authenticate code is invalid.
  2. After logging in via Google account, and waiting for it to Sync some notes,
    if I try to open a note, it displays the attached, forever spinning its animated wheel.

Have tried upgrading through these versions of the app: 10.57.2 (1211435), 10.58.1 (1311880), 10.60.0 (1212540), 10.60.1 (1212725), 10.6.2 (1212823). All have the same problem.

My account works fine on; 8.3.356604 (iOS 9.3.6), 8.24.6.370571 (iOS 12.5.7).

Has anyone else seen this sort of fault???

IMG_4737.jpg

Edited by Nigel Pearson
Added latest versions, removed erroneous 8.24 datum
  • Level 5

No idea about ver. 8, long deprecated and not supported any longer. All v10 clients work for me, but no experience on iOS 13.

You can at least update your iOS to 15.7. This would be my first step. There is no reason to stick with iOS 13 - it would either be iOS 12 for 32bit CPUs, like iPhone 6, or 15.7 for everything from iPhone 6S.

• Level 5

I was running EN v10, latest releases on my iPhone 6S+ with iOS 15.7 (I think, not sure) until recently. It was my secondary iPhone, I always keep an older one case the newer one can’t be used on a specific task. Absolutely usable, maybe sometimes a bit on the slow side.

Can’t check any more, once I got my new ‚15, I relegated my ‚11 to secondary, and passed the 6S+ on in the family.

The battery was changed once, when it had fallen below 80%. The new one was still above 90% when I handed it over now. Apple checks which features will put too much stress on weaker hardware, and controls iOS in a way that new releases will in general work well on older iPhones. I never had a problem with updating older hardware using the lastest iOS version. EN v10 worked for me, with editing being less snappy, retrieval of data was quite fine.

My secondary iPad is an iPad Air 2 from 2014 - still on the first battery, absolutely usable for light use cases, imcluding v10.