Sorting within notes!!!!!!!

cyberoutlook

Idea

So many users have requested sorting capabilities for years and nothing has been added. Why is a platform trying to integrate AI capabilities not even have simple sorting functions for notes. Sorting in tasks is not a reasonable solution because then everything within a note you want to sort will show up as a task. It's such a simple thing to have a list and as you complete things, have them drop to the bottom (like Google Keep) or sort by complete/not complete. How many people have to ask for this and pay a premium price for this to get added? Sadly this is a dealbreaker for me and I have decided to cancel my premium subscription upon renewal bc I had to start using word docs and spreadsheets to replace evernote which defeats the purpose of easy to use lists and notes. Anyway, I hope this gets added for all the people that continue to use the app...

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

A secondary sort would help.  For instance I might include a date along with an insertion.  I would then sort on a given date to find which notes were updated on that date.  I might then want to sort on that subset of notes a secondary sort variable (the same way one can do in excel).  That way I might find specific action items or ideas across several notes from that day.  Think of it as a virtual tagging system that is separate from the global tags that apply to the entire note.  This will help provide context across notes better.

• Like 1

Part 2, sorting by a specific name/word in the title field of all notes would also be very useful.  Let's say I have a note called "Evernote suggestions" that I keep in my "Random Thoughts" folder.  But I can't remember that the next time I have an idea about using notes, so in the global search field there is an option to search titles only.  Tagging is similar but more cumbersome.

19 hours ago, Infostack1 said:

so in the global search field there is an option to search titles only.

The advanced search syntax already allows you to do this

intitle:Evernote

Finds all notes with Evernote in the title.

19 hours ago, Infostack1 said:

I might then want to sort on that subset of notes a secondary sort variable (the same way one can do in excel).  That way I might find specific action items or ideas across several notes from that day. 

I like the idea of being able to sort by more than one variable. At the moment EN is not even allowing you to sort by all the fields which can be displayed in the side or top list view. Currently in EN it is easier (better?) to search/filter than sort. So you can easily filter on a date, either using the filter menu or the search syntax, and then sort it by title, or find specific words in the title etc.

For info about the search grammar see: