Can't use Free anymore?

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

All of the sudden today when I try to use the desktop app in my Mac, I'm getting locked out with a message to either unsync this device or upgrade to a paid account (screengrab attached). I only have two devices that I use it on, my phone and computer, which is allowed for the Free account. How can I fix this? I don't want or need the paid subscription account.

Screenshot 14.png

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.

Non subscribers can use Evernote on two devices only. Swops are allowed for replacements, but only two per month. Access to the web counts as one device and is necessary for admin and swops, so realstically you have a choice of web access on a laptop, plus the app tablet or phone.

Tracking the number of connected devices is not an exact science - check here for your own situation https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action. 

Devices can also be checked via the account tab on a mobile device. Choose Devices to see a list of currently authorised devices. Select those to disconnect from here

For these purposes it doesn't matter if you 'know' that you're only connecting through 2 devices. What matters is: does Evernote know that?

If you're locked out of your account for exceeding a device limit, the choices are limited to: waiting it out until the end of the current month or paying for access (even if only for one month).