(Archived) cannot update to 2.0

godurbin

Idea

I have tried several times to update to Evernote 2.0 on my iMac -- and the update has failed every time. I have updated my MacBook with no problem. Any idea why that is? :?

UPDATE: Perhaps I got a little impatient. I deleted the Evernote Application from my iMac as well as all related files (I used AppCleaner to do this). I repaired permissions on the iMac, and then restarted it. After all that, I downloaded Evernote 2.0 from the Evernote site. Upon opening Evernote, it began to sync with the server, but then after a few minutes I get this message: Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available.

This seems strange, as I am able to access my account on Evernote's web service, and also sync and access Evernote from my MacBook. Any ideas?

4 replies to this idea

Philippe99, thanks for willingness to help. Not sure what the problem was, but it's all working now. I gave up, powered down my iMac for the night - the next day I turned it back on, opened Evernote, and everything synced perfectly. Maybe the iMac just needed a food night's sleep! :(

Archived