2FA not working on my (other) Evernote account, for SMS

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Hi there,

I have two Evernote accounts (one for work, one for personal).  My personal account is one of the paid tiers (i.e. not free).  For the last 10 days or something, I'm unable to log into my personal account, due to the SMS 2FA service not reaching me (not receiving any SMS with OTP from Evernote anymore).  Believe me, as SOON as I get this problem resolved (need HELP on that though), the very first thing I'm doing then is to change the 2FA type to Google Authenticator, which I was lucky enough to enable earlier for me work account, which is the account I had to use just in order to log in here just to create this forum entry.

Can you imagine, for people PAYING a monthly fee to Evernote, there is simply no email nor number we can contact to help us with this?

When I initially tried to create a forum entry here to ask for this help, can you imagine that this forum site then directed/expected me to log in first?  And how on earth would people in my situation then ask for help/support, if we were having issues with logging into evernote in the first place?  Luckily I had this other work account...  Anyway, that's just me venting about the ridiculousness of the situation. 

I really do need and ask for help.  I'm unable to get access to my personal evernote account, because the SMS OTP's are simply not being sent or delivered.  And no, I don't have a backup code :(

Schalk

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
  • Solution

I don't use the SMS service but the place to get the backup codes is: https://www.evernote.com/secure/SecuritySettings.action

This is where you can disable 2FA and then reenable with an authentication app.

For support for your personal account you can access: Support Ticket – Evernote Help & Learning

If you still run up against the login problem try https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true

This will give you access as a guest so you will have to explain your account information clearly since you won't have logged in...

• Like 4