Make Completed Tasks Appearance Readable

Bruce Brownlee

Idea

Make the appearance of completed tasks readable so they can be used for morning status reporting.

In the current 10.59.5 for Mac with dark mode, completed tasks are grayed out and lined-through, making them very difficult to read.

It would be much better if the text were not grayed out and lined-through.  Just a bright completed checkbox is sufficient to indicate completion - there's no need to obscure the entire task and it's information.

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

Thanks kindly for pointing this out.   I use that control (in the de-selected mode) so that I can make to-do lists that I can read back later.  I add a paragraph of text and then insert a checkbox in front of the text to build a home-made checklist.

But that is a little tedious, so I was hoping that there was a way to make completed Tasks more legible.

Sadly, the Strikethrough option shown above only applies to checklists, with no effect on Tasks inserted into Notes.  But you are on the right track.

Oops - I totally misread your "Tasks" as "Checkboxes". So sorry.

FWIW I don't know why I do this, but I quite often either just delete Tasks when they are completed or I turn them into checkboxes and check them off. I don't know if it's because I don't want to see the little purple counter or have them clogging up my tasks list (I know I could hide completed) or what. But that could be tedious as well depending on how many tasks you typically work with in Evernote. You also lose the due date as well if that was important to have.

Anyway... +1 to your request. I'd like to see that too.