Filter & Sort by Note Reminder

Ejeaglesct

Idea

I often add reminders to notes that are for upcoming events or activities that I'll need them for. I'd like to see the ability to filter and sort by Note Reminders (not task reminders). This functionality would apply to all platforms.

1 reply to this idea

7 hours ago, Ejeaglesct said:

I often add reminders to notes that are for upcoming events or activities that I'll need them for. I'd like to see the ability to filter and sort by Note Reminders (not task reminders). This functionality would apply to all platforms.

Good news! In the reminders tab of the note list you can see all your notes with reminders and sort them by reminder date.

image.png.25be565499ecac55f61a05e7250e4be3.png

I'm surprised that reminders don't appear in the filter menu. Fortunately you can use the advanced search syntax (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php) to get you very precisely what you need. Here is the relevant section:

reminderOrder:[integer] - matches notes that have been marked as a reminder. The actual integer attribute value is used to order reminders relative to one another and is generally not useful in search. E.g.:

• reminderOrder:*
    • Matches all notes that have been marked as a reminder

reminderTime:[datetime] - matches notes with a reminderTime attribute that is equal to or later than the argument datetime. reminderTime is the time at which the user has requested a reminder about the note. E.g.:

• reminderTime:day
    • Matches all notes with a reminder set for today or later
  • reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+7
    • Matches all notes with a reminder set for the next 7 days

reminderDoneTime:[datetime] - matches notes with a reminderDoneTime attribute that is equal to or later than the argument datetime. reminderDoneTime is the time at which the user dismissed the reminder. E.g.:

• reminderDoneTime:day
    • Matches all notes with a reminder done time of today
  • reminderDoneTime:day-7
    • Matches all notes with a reminder done time in the past week