Duplicate text in editted note

I edited an existing note on my PC (Windows 10). The note was created on my Android tablet. I closed the Evernote app.

When I opened the note again on a later date I found images, sentences and lines duplicated in the note. This is quite a nuisance. Am I doing something wrong?

An example:
(note that it seems that a period (.) at the end of a line does not get duplicated)

Original note
[Image]
Sentence1. Sentence2.
BeginLine1 ....
EndLine1

Altered note
[Image][Image]
Sentence1Sentence1. Sentence2Sentence2.
BeginLine1 ....
EndLine1BeginLine1 ....
EndLine1

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Was this a single instance,  or does this happen to your notes regularly?  Conflicting edits do sometimes happen,  though Evernote has been working lately to try to fix them.  You may even have been affected by one of the fixes being applied at the server.  You might check the note on whatever device you did not use last time to see whether this was a temporary glitch...

17 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Was this a single instance,  or does this happen to your notes regularly?  Conflicting edits do sometimes happen,  though Evernote has been working lately to try to fix them.  You may even have been affected by one of the fixes being applied at the server.  You might check the note on whatever device you did not use last time to see whether this was a temporary glitch...

It happened twice to the same note. Both times after editing the note on my PC.

I think it happened before, but that was some time ago (last year) and I cannot really remember what happened that time.

For now I switched to working in Word and will definitly do some testing in the coming days.

Thanks for you reply

• Like 1