More complex structures for notes feature request

skiper81

Idea

Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to do following things as I'm describing below in Evernote, or is it something that I have to make a feature request hoping it would get implemented one day?

Being able to have notebooks, that have lists of individual notes in them is good an all, but only up to a point. I'd like to be able to have all the good data structures that us programmers know and love, such as trees and graphs. To explain it for someone who's not into coding themselves, I'd like to be able to nest notes within notes, within notes so on. For instance in Windows you are able to nest folders within folders, as much as you want, now I want the same feature in Evernote. For instance let's say I have a folder "Clothes" then I want that folder to be able to contain a bunch of folders inside of it like "T-shirts", "pants" etc. and then within those I'd like to have more, and more levels of nesting, so for instance the "pants" folder would be able to contain folders like "short pants" "wide pants" ect. also I think it would be good if user would be able to create individual documents within those folders alongside of the folders. So you'd have a folder "pants" and then next to that folder you'd have a note full of phone numbers of stores for instance.

And don't even get me started on the graph structure. To be short I think that could be very useful for recording complex thoughts within user's journal, as anybody who'd keeping a diary of their own thoughts can attest thoughts are frequently are structured like graphs, and not like trees, or lists.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, skiper81 said:

I'd like to know if there's a way to do following things as I'm describing below in Evernote

Hi.  No.

3 hours ago, skiper81 said:

or is it something that I have to make a feature request

That's always an option.