AHK Script to return the ability to shift click a tag to add it to a filter/search

Mike P

Idea

I really loved the ability in legacy to shift+click a tag in the sidebar to add it to a search. I find it irritating that I can see the tag I want to add to my filter but I have to go through a long rigmarole in the filter menu to find the tag and add it (or manually type it in to the search field). I have posted about this in the past but didn't get a lot of traction so I'm guessing that it wasn't a widely used feature.

I've now written an AutoHotKey script (v2) that replicates the legacy behaviour. You can progressively add as many tags as you like by simply ctrl+shift clicking on them in the sidebar. It works by going into "rename tag" in order to copy the tag name and then pastes it into the search bar prepended by tag:

There is nothing in the script to make sure you really are clicking on a tag in the sidebar so ctrl+shift+clicking elsewhere will give you unexpected results. As always use at your own risk.

As always with V10 there are delays built into the script or else it simply doesn't work!

image.gif.76efdca82d4dcbf3c47b16ce458de982.gif

^+LButton::
{
	SetKeyDelay 80
	SendEvent "{LButton Up}{RButton}"
;	Sleep 500
	SendEvent "{RButton Up}r{Enter}"
	sendEvent "^c"
	Sleep 700
	sendEvent "{Tab}{Enter}"
	Sleep 700
	sendEvent "!^f"
	SendEvent " tag:^v{Enter}"
}

EDIT: Changed to Crrl+Shift+Click as I found I used shift+Click far more than I thought!

• Like 2

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet