I cannot forward emails from Gmail to Evernote using the subject line

I can forward an email from Gmail using my Evernote email but as soon as I put "@Notebook" in the subject line, Gmail says "Loading" and the email will not send.  As long as I just forward the email to Evernote and don't touch the subject line the email will go through to the Inbox.  I then have to go into Evernote and move it to the appropriate Notebook.  This is added work to a system that worked so well for me.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, DRickenbach said:

This is added work to a system that worked so well for me.

Hi.  Are you saying that this used to work and now does not?  When did the feature stop working for you?  It sounds as though this is more a Google issue than Evernote,  with the process being derailed by the "@<notebook>" in the subject line.

For the time being you may wish to look into a third-party app called Filterize through which you can set up email-like filters which will trigger on keywords in an incoming email and allocate the resullting note to your chosen notebook autimatically.  It is a subscription application but has (I think) a 30-day trial you could use while querying this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of trial and error, I discovered that the Bomb Bomb video email extension for Chrome was interfering with Evernote.  As soon as I logged out of the Bomb Bomb extension, I was able to forward Gmail emails to the appropriate notebooks using the subject line.  I either have to log out of that extension, or just forward it to Evernote without modifying the subject line and then select the appropriate notebook for the note residing in the default Inbox in Evernote.

I have no idea why it would do that all of a sudden so it was either the result of an Evernote update or a Bomb Bomb update.  I know some extensions on Chrome don't play well together.  This is one of them.  It adds another step to the filing system but I really don't know what else to do.  At least I know the cause and have a work around.

• Level 5*

If the emails weren't reaching Evernote it hardly sounds like an app issue - I routinely forward emails using Gmail's built-in forwarding rules,  and (as mentioned) use Filterize to check incoming notes and tag / reassign as necessary.