Date/Time format in Top List view

Hi,

I'm struggling to get it fixed somehow - trying to make it consistent like "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" for both "Created" and "Updated" columns, but instead it's just like the attached screenshot. Very annoying. Is there a way to fix it somehow?

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 13.18.37.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  So to be clear you'd like your top 6 notes in that example all to have the same Mar 29 date for updated?  I assume the existing layout is so someone with dozens of changes can easily see the time at which they were updated,  and the difference in the created column is to differentiate between the current and previous year's notes.  There's no way to reset that AFAIK,  though you could start a Feature Request for Evernote to add a format option to the dates...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  So to be clear you'd like your top 6 notes in that example all to have the same Mar 29 date for updated?  I assume the existing layout is so someone with dozens of changes can easily see the time at which they were updated,  and the difference in the created column is to differentiate between the current and previous year's notes.  There's no way to reset that AFAIK,  though you could start a Feature Request for Evernote to add a format option to the dates...

I'll try to explain it better.

If I have several notes updated during the same day, let's say Mar 10 - I won't see any difference - Evernote will just show "Mar 10" in the column. Legacy version of EN always showed time, now it's not the case. And for notes updated/created earlier than today and yesterday it always used the same format of "dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss" which was way more convenient for me.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I see what you mean - I still use Legacy on one laptop and Evernote uses  my OS date format for created and updated which is a UK-based dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm.  Provided you either only deal with notes that are created and updated in real time (or you change the system dates to suit) I can see that sorting by created or updated dates would be useful.  I'm usually lucky to get my notes set up within a day or three of the event,  so my standard is to use a text-expander to give a date and (optionally) time as a prefix to the title.  When I sort any given topic by title I get my timeline.  

The updated and created dates are handy for clips and downloads,  but I use them so little I hadn't noticed the format change.  You could get some feedback from Support if you contact them directly - we're mainly other users here.