My Boss Can't Share Notebooks With Me

Howdy y'all! 

My boss has been an Evernote subscriber for many years, and I've had my account for probably 6 months now. His is a business account, mine is a personal one. He cannot share notes or notebooks with me for some reason! He puts my email in, hits "share," and nothing happens, no email or notification on my side, nothing in "shared with me." 

1) He is able to share notebooks with others within our organization.

2) His email and mine are both gmail. He has a business account, mine is personal, both are paid subscriptions. 

3) We have checked out the "work chat" feature and it works between our accounts. 

4) I am able to share with him, both notes and notebooks! 

Please help us out, I'm not sure what to try at this point. My app is updated and current. 

Thanks, 

Emily the Assistant

• Level 5*

Hi Emily.  We're mainly users in the Forums here,  and there's not a high density of business users.  If you're a subscriber too,  you'll have access to the Evernote Support team via https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new;  if not you'll get a faster reply if you make the request with your boss's details. 

All business ("Teams") users should have an Account Admin who will have some magic powers,  which include giving permission for some people to see different notes and notebooks - which might be part of your problem.  If you know who that is,  they might be worth a chat.  Otherwise you'll get a (some hours or days) response through Support.  Meantime - your boss should be able to email notes to some people directly which might help you...  see here for more.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313328