Note updates showing up in thumbnail but not saved in the note

This week my evernote app on my dell windows pc has been slow to load, i.e. when I try to open it during class it shows the loading circle continuously and I can't open my notes. Now, the past two days I have been taking notes in the same note page and each time the notes I added did not save. I noticed this yesterday, wrote 'notes did not save' and proceeded to add new notes, including a map attachment. The map is still visible in the thumbnail but anything I added that day is not there past the 'did not save' that I wrote when I opened the page. This is extremely frustrating as I am a student and exams are coming up. I upgraded to a personal account, downloaded the newest version of the app and checked the note history. Still, the notes I took in that document did not show up even though one of the attachments is visible. Is there a way to recover these notes, or simply prevent this from happening again???

Evernote err screenshot.jpg

On 12/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, Elena H said:

Now, the past two days I have been taking notes in the same note page and each time the notes I added did not save.

Is this the only note that you've been editing the last two days? Or is it just this one note that is problematic?

Do you have this option selected?

image.png.d7c67692537f0ec184fc2ea8ba78a503.png

I upgraded to a personal account, downloaded the newest version of the app and checked the note history.

I'm pretty sure the note history will only help if the changes you made actually make it to the server -- i.e. the note snapshot is made at the server level -- and it sounds like the data was not syncing to the server (for whatever reason).

Is there a way to recover these notes, or simply prevent this from happening again???

I'd duplicate the problematic note and then delete the original copy as it sounds like something in it is preventing data from syncing.

But it also sounds like there might be other issues at play here too -- like maybe you have some kind of corrupted state or something. This especially sounds problematic: "This week my evernote app on my dell windows pc has been slow to load, i.e. when I try to open it during class it shows the loading circle continuously and I can't open my notes."

• 8 months later...

I have been having this problem with many of my images/PDFs for the last several months. I've opened a support ticket to look into it. Very annoying, as I was using Evernote for expense reports (business trip receipt images/PDFs).

This just started for me a week or so ago, too. Sadly, the setting shown above doesn't do anything to fix the issue.

It began right after I started getting a weird issue in the iOS apps. After an update, every single note had the little downloading circle on it and wouldn't sync down changes made on Windows. These persisted for at least a week before I had to start trying things to fix it. I had to toggle the setting shown by Boot17 above. Toggling that off, then deleting the local files, and toggling it back on made the syncing circles go away, but then the issue in this thread started immediately.

My specifics:

• The issue is text for me. I haven't tried with images or pdfs like the previous people.
  • The additions show correctly in the thumbnails on the Home page and also in the note list when viewing a notebook.
    • When viewed in the notebook, the thumbnail in the list displays correctly even with that same note open and displaying incorrectly.
  • Happens across the web version, Windows 11 app, and the iOS apps on my phone and ipad.
  • I have not tried editing the notes that are incorrect out of fear of losing the changes shown in the thumbnails that I *need*.

If anyone's got any help for this, it would be massively appreciated!