Tags for tasks

Erica Lewis

Idea

Really like Evernote but have struggled to make it work really well as a GTD (getting things done) tool.

The newish tasks feature is an excellent step forward as I can now create tasks as I take notes. But one thing I can’t do is tag individual tasks, at the moment I can only tag the note. For example if I want to look at “next actions” when “@ work” I then have to review every task on a note to find the one(s) that should be actioned at work.  

i like having ready access to the notes to provide context if my task isn’t as clear as it should be so I don’t want to put each category of task on a new list, plus as things might have multiple tags that would become a very labourous task.

Being able to tag individual tasks would, I think be enormously helpful.

Thank you for considering this request.

• Like 9

5 replies to this idea

Tagging a note could be a solution, but when managing several tasks into one single note (for example for a project), then it could make sense to be able to tag tasks by tasks (for example with tags '+important' '-important' '+urgent' '-urgent' and filtering the Einsenhower matrix)

I have been dying for this feature.  Im surprised it has not come up more.  I don't understand how most people take notes.  As a manager, I will have check ins with poeple who report on various projects.  it doesn't makes sense to switch between all of these different projects throughout a check in.  if I could tag the To Dos, that would be the perfect way to keep notes together and then see the tasks in task view.  can we make this happen?