Note Pinning

PRConsultant

Idea

The ability to pin a note to the top or always-on-top.  I should be able to pin any number of notes to the top of a notebook, but if a maximum is required, I'd say at most four or five notes.

I have a stack which contains notebooks which represent clients, and each note is a service, visit, or task for that client.  For each client I have a set of notes which I need to be able to find easily.  I know I can search by tag and by text and it works, but having those special notes at the top will greatly enhance my workflow as I would not have to hunt for them each time.  I cannot also be burdened with having to edit those notes in order to force them to be on top.  

Please, please......

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, PRConsultant said:

The ability to pin a note to the top or always-on-top.  I should be able to pin any number of notes to the top of a notebook, but if a maximum is required, I'd say at most four or five notes.

I have a stack which contains notebooks which represent clients, and each note is a service, visit, or task for that client.  For each client I have a set of notes which I need to be able to find easily.  I know I can search by tag and by text and it works, but having those special notes at the top will greatly enhance my workflow as I would not have to hunt for them each time.  I cannot also be burdened with having to edit those notes in order to force them to be on top.  

Please, please......

In case you were not aware, note pinning is available today on the dashboard view.  You can pin one note in the personal plan and multiple ones with the professional plan.  There are requests to have the pinned note show in the note list pane as well.

Alternatively, you can make a shortcut to a note and it will show up in the shortcut list in the left hand pane.  The entries in the shortcut list can be manually reordered.

• Like 1

Honestly,  I didn't know since I have no real uae for the dashboard.  It is nice and all, well organized, and I understand a lot of people may have some use for it, but not me.

I need the pinned note inside the notebook so it makes sense in my workflow.

Thanks for replying.