Desktop Shortcut for Particular Note/Notebook/Tag

In earlier version of Evernote (i.e. Evernote Legacy), we were allowed to add shortcut for Note/Notebook/Tag by creating a shortcut in Dekstop or any directory and putting the location of that Note/Notebook/Tag. Say in case of notebook it was something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\ENScript.exe" showNotes /q "notebook:NotebookName"

How to do this in new Evernote? Is there any way?

43 minutes ago, Tappu said:

How to do this in new Evernote? Is there any way?

The EN scripting language has not (yet?) been implemented in V10.  You can still create a shortcut to an individual note by creating a new windows shortcut and pasting the app link into the location field.

I don't know how you would do a notebook or tag. If you look at the web version of EN the url includes information about the selected notebook, tags etc so one might naievely assume that it would be possible to translate that into an app style link but a quick try didn't find an obvious solution.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

You can still create a shortcut to an individual note by creating a new windows shortcut

Yes. It can be created by adding "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote\Evernote.exe <Note Link>" in Target section of Windows' Shortcut.

8 minutes ago, Tappu said:

Yes. It can be created by adding "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote\Evernote.exe <Note Link>" in Target section of Windows' Shortcut.

That seems overly complicated. I just paste the app link from "copy app link" (alt-ctrl-L) directly into the location field.

31 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I just paste the app link from "copy app link" (alt-ctrl-L) directly into the location field.

I tried it earlier, it was not working for me. So I added Evernote.exe file address before the Note link.

• Sad 1