When copying code with some line break to Evernote Code Block, it removes all my line breaks

dinhvuongfx

Idea

[Windows & Web] When copying code with some line break to Evernote Code Block, it removes all my line breaks.

Example:

Before

[Parameter("Rectangle Color", DefaultValue = "Gray")]
public string Rectangle_Color { get; set; }

[Parameter("Rectangle Opacity", DefaultValue = 40)]
public int Rectangle_Opacity { get; set; }

After

[Parameter("Rectangle Color", DefaultValue = "Gray")]
public string Rectangle_Color { get; set; }
[Parameter("Rectangle Opacity", DefaultValue = 40)]
public int Rectangle_Opacity { get; set; }

3 replies to this idea

On 4/1/2021 at 5:20 AM, dinhvuongfx said:

When copying code with some line break to Evernote Code Block, it removes all my line breaks.

Line spacing seems to be a bit hit and miss and it would be good if it was more consistent. In your case it obviously is respecting the return at the end of the lines containing text. I suspect it depends on exactly where the text has come from and which ctrl characters it contains. You could try looking at it in a text editor (like Notepad++ on Windows) and looking to see what characters are there. Sometimes just copying via a text editor does the trick.

For example pasting code from R studio currently works fine and you can see that the characters at the end of each line are the same as in the blank line.

image.png.6958848dcc6d21a18da39d59e2b7624f.png

On 4/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, Mike P said:

Line spacing seems to be a bit hit and miss and it would be good if it was more consistent. In your case it obviously is respecting the return at the end of the lines containing text. I suspect it depends on exactly where the text has come from and which ctrl characters it contains. You could try looking at it in a text editor (like Notepad++ on Windows) and looking to see what characters are there. Sometimes just copying via a text editor does the trick.

For example pasting code from R studio currently works fine and you can see that the characters at the end of each line are the same as in the blank line.

image.png.6958848dcc6d21a18da39d59e2b7624f.png

I tried some editors (notepad, notepad++, sublime text...) but there is still bugs. Very disappointed :(

At this point, Notion does very very well.

• Like 1