Command line/PuTTy code no longer working in EN10 (works fine in Legacy)

Go to solution Solved by kevinc101213,

Hi everyone

My apologies if this has been answered - I've tried searching but can't seem to find anything to help so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm a long term users of Evernote and tried version 10 a few times but switched back to Legacy version for 1 main reason - copy/paste code snippets not working from v10.

Scenario:
load up an SSH session in PuTTY, copy+paste code from Evernote Legacy => working as I expect
Repeat but copy+paste code from v10 => errors
Tried using "Simplify Formatting" or "Remove Formatting" and same issue.
Tried changing a lot of stuff in v10 (copy paste into Notepad++ and back in = same, tried retyping the line = same, )
If I copy out the line into Notepad++ and compare the same line that I've copied out of Legacy they look identical?!

Code:
rm -rf kc1-36-1a/

Error:
[user@ip-111.111.111.111 ~]$ rm -rf kc1-36-1a/
rm: invalid option -- '▒'

In Notepad++ it looks like there is just a gap between certain characters (not a recognised character...!).

Any help would be amazing :)

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure I can help other to suggest somethings to try... I just created a code block in the legacy version.  I can copy and paste into Putty from legacy and version 10 without any problem.  I use right click in Putty to paste the clipboard.  For some reason my laptop doesn't have an Insert key so I can't Shift+Insert to paste into Putty.

You could try an alternative paste keystroke.  You could also try recreating the code in a new code block in version 10.  It is possible that the transition from legacy to version is changing spaces and replacing them with a different ascii code character.

Sorry I can't offer more...

• Solution

Ok so I've tried your suggestion and it works albeit quite time consuming but it is a way forward!

So for anyone else coming here:
In legacy version, create a code block, copy and paste your code snippet into it
In v10, access your new code block and this will then copy and paste into PuTTY with no issues.