Avg. load times notes iOS app: 11Mb note = 30 seconds, 22 Mb note = 80 seconds .. Unusable.

I measured how long it takes to open notes with larger sizes. Average load times of notes on iOS app: 11Mb note = 30 seconds, 22 Mb note = 80 seconds ...

And of course, if the notebook is shared, you get the benefit of repeat, meaning every time you touch the note (return to see the note) it will again take same amount of time to load.

I really hope a miracle is going to happen and the loading times get better. 

My network speed is 90mbs down, 17 mbs up, so it is unlikely the issue. 

iOS  14.4,

• Sad 2
  • itoldusoandso changed the title to Avg. load times notes iOS app: 11Mb note = 30 seconds, 22 Mb note = 80 seconds .. Unusable.

One way for Evernote to deal with the problem would be to divide the notes into sections and only update the sections of the note that have changed instead of reloading the whole note. For example Elasticsearch documents are updated with Update or Insert (upsert) commands and it updates only fields that have changed. So why not create chunks of a note, if a 20 mb note can be divided into 20 chunks, it would speed up loading and updating the notes since notes are already present in the cache.

• Like 1