Skitch on Mac capturing the background image and not application windows

Go to solution Solved by tiphereth,

Recently Skitch is only capturing the desktop background and not the windows currently open. Any ideas on why and what to try to fix that?

I've attached what skitch captures and what the default screen capture tool on mac captures (screenshot).

Thanks.

skitch capture.png

screenshot capture.png

• Solution

Good news everyone! I have found the issue and fixed the problem. New system settings under Security & Privacy - need to unlock and then allow Skitch (and any other screen capture software) to record the contents of your screen. I even used Skitch to capture that to show you it worked!

Menubar_and_Security___Privacy_and_Screen_Recording_and_Facebook_image_ad_specs_for_Instagram_Stories__Brand_Awareness_ad_objective___Facebook_Ads_Guide.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • 7 months later...
On 3/15/2021 at 8:42 AM, tiphereth said:

Good news everyone! I have found the issue and fixed the problem. New system settings under Security & Privacy - need to unlock and then allow Skitch (and any other screen capture software) to record the contents of your screen. I even used Skitch to capture that to show you it worked!

Menubar_and_Security___Privacy_and_Screen_Recording_and_Facebook_image_ad_specs_for_Instagram_Stories__Brand_Awareness_ad_objective___Facebook_Ads_Guide.jpg

FWIW, I also had to allow the "Skitch Helper" access (Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.1 (20G224))

Notification_Center.png

• Like 1