Return two removed features

chriss3008

Idea

Hi. I've been a user since 2015.
Recently, with the transition to the new Evernote windows app, two important features were removed. I gave you time, thinking that it would be eventually brought back, but since it didn't, I decided to create this request:
1 - In the Legacy app, you are able to search within the notebooks, as seen in the attached image #1. In the newer version, unless I'm missing something obvious, I'm not able to do that.
2 - In the legacy app, all the pdfs have a preview shown on the sidebar, which is great for visual aid, especially when I have many files in a single notebook (pic #2). In the newer app, some do and some don't (pic #3).

Thanks

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

aaaaaa2.png

aaaaa3.png

1 reply to this idea

On 2/25/2021 at 5:30 AM, chriss3008 said:

1 - In the Legacy app, you are able to search within the notebooks, as seen in the attached image #1. In the newer version, unless I'm missing something obvious, I'm not able to do that.

If you start in the notebook you want to search and click in the search bar you will see (in faint grey) the name of the notebook with the words add filter. Click add filter and then search as normal. 

image.png.f312aa33dcbb891c4804ac90bb442661.png

Alternatively you can filter by notebook using the filter menu after you have done your search,

On 2/25/2021 at 5:30 AM, chriss3008 said:

2 - In the legacy app, all the pdfs have a preview shown on the sidebar, which is great for visual aid, especially when I have many files in a single notebook (pic #2). In the newer app, some do and some don't (pic #3).

Agreed. It generally seeems to be larger pdfs that don't display a thumbnail but I have exceptions to that. It's very annoying.

• Thanks 1