Evernote underlines every single word in red

Hi there,

I have a problem with Evernote 10.5.7 that really pisses me off. When I am typing in English language every word is underlined in red colour. When I do a right click, I get suggestions in German language. My system runs in German language and when I change to English I get the suggestions the other way round. I do need to write in both languages and this bug only appears with Evernote. It does not happen in the Chrome browser or with MS Office. My system (Windows 10) has installed both language packs.

Happy for suggestions.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 163545.png

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  There are dozens of complaints in the forums that the spelling dictionary is set to one language only and (so far) has no facility for another option - or an off switch.  The only fix I know is to go back to Legacy until they  get around to resolving this.  It should be soon...

• Like 1

Right now there's no way to disable this, because EN devs simply did not put an on/off switch on this spellcheck feature on the "New Evernote". In v10.6 they added "Add to Dictionary" feature to mend it, but most of the time this feature dosen't work, and adding insult to the injury, that dictionary is nowhere in the app. True story. So the only way to avoid this is going back to the EN Legacy. I too pissed off very much so I have been sending support tickets to EN for months. It really, really annoys me.

• Like 1

Is there any way to disable this function? I am writing my notes in non-English language, and i don't expect Lithuanian language to be supported. Just turning this would work just fine, but... How can i do that?

On 1/23/2021 at 11:50 PM, Gintare said:

Is there any way to disable this function? I am writing my notes in non-English language, and i don't expect Lithuanian language to be supported. Just turning this would work just fine, but... How can i do that?

You can do nothing to this issue unless you don't go back to Evernote Legacy. Yes, there's no way to disable this.