Please reintroduce shift-click for tags in the sidebar

Mike P

Idea

The new version (10.6.9) has been a major step forward for us tag users. Firstly clicking a tag in the sidebar selects only that tag and not all the child tags. Secondly, adding or removing a tag from a note is now immediately reflected in search/filter rather then having to wait for ages for the change to be indexed. (This isn't the same as dynamic updating of an active filter which they are still working on)

This has been asked before, but now that clicking a tag in the sidebar behaves sensibly it would be great to have the ability to shift-click further tags to select them as well. My use case is that I have a "special" tag called $pinned. In 6.25 once I've selected a tag I can quickly find the most important notes with that tag by shift clicking $pinned. For me this makes up for not having the ability to "pin" notes to the top of a view. I know I can use the filter to do this but, even with the tag at the top of the list, it takes three clicks to achieve what I used to be able to do in one.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet