Emoji gender not changing

I'm not sure if it's an Android issue or an Evernote app issue, but I can't seem to choose genders for my emojis. I long press on them to select the gender, but after saving the note it reverts back to a gender neutral emoji with the female or male symbol next to it. Not sure why this is happening.

4 hours ago, Laure1i said:

I'm not sure if it's an Android issue or an Evernote app issue, but I can't seem to choose genders for my emojis. I long press on them to select the gender, but after saving the note it reverts back to a gender neutral emoji with the female or male symbol next to it. Not sure why this is happening.

odd. It could be a font issue. I just tested it on my Samsung S20 running Android 11. It works for me. It also syncs correctly and is displayed correctly on my chromebook. Out of interest, what keyboard are you using and what phone and what Android version?

I'm using the Samsung keyboard on a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. Running Android 10. I had Android 9, but after updating to Android 10, all of my female/male emojis changed to gender neutral ones on existing notes: (💁🏻‍♀️->💁🏻). Trying to change them won't work for some reason once I hit save.

6 hours ago, Laure1i said:

I'm using the Samsung keyboard on a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. Running Android 10. I had Android 9, but after updating to Android 10, all of my female/male emojis changed to gender neutral ones on existing notes: (💁🏻‍♀️->💁🏻). Trying to change them won't work for some reason once I hit save.

I'm afraid I have no idea what to suggest here. I'm just an Evernote user. If something occurs to me, I'll let you know :)